What is Organic Beauty & Its Importance?
An Organic Beauty means products that contain ingredients that have been sourced naturally and grown on organic farms.
Organic beauty products are derived from plant-based materials that have not been treated with fertilizers or pesticides. Instead, organic farmers cultivate a healthy, productive soil by producing and rotating a variety of crops (to replenish nutrients depleted from the soil by previous crops) and amending the soil with organic materials such as compost or manure.
Organic products do not contain genetically engineered substances. They are petrochemical-free and have not been tested on animals. They undergo minimal processing to ensure that the raw ingredients retain their natural qualities following extraction and processing.
Going organic, on the other hand, is more than simply a passing fad. It demonstrates that we are concerned about our own and the planet's future. If we're that particular about what we eat and what natural beauty products we use in our homes, it's only natural that we'd be fastidious about what we put on our skin.
Kind to the planet - Organic beauty products are kind to the environment because they do not contain pesticides, genetically modified chemicals, synthetic colors, or scents. Organic farms also help to maintain wildlife and biodiversity by providing habitat for birds, bugs, bees, and other species in field margins and hedgerows.
Gentle on the skin - Organic foods are also beneficial to your skin because they contain natural antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Our Rejuvenating Frankincense range is an excellent example of mild, organic skincare that hydrates and revitalizes tired skin.
- Stands the test of time - For ages, natural and organic materials have been used. Many traditional products, from herbal medicines to soothing skin oils, are still utilized today because they work so effectively.
Why is Organic Beauty Important?
Organic beauty products must contain at least 95% of ingredients originating from plants. These should have been grown without the use of pesticides, genetic alteration, or synthetic fertilizers, as well as with practices that conserve the environment, recycle resources, and promote biodiversity.
Some of the best organic beauty products' importance are:
Fewer Chemicals Exposure - Organically obtained substances have far fewer chemicals than synthetically generated ones, and those that do exist are often relatively mild in nature.
Non-allergic - It's true that you can be "Allergic" to almost anything. However, unlike synthetics or non-organics, the chances of an organic cosmetic being allergic are extremely low. Even in the highly unlikely event that an organic cosmetic is allergic, determining the source of the allergen is much easier in organics, and there are always alternatives.
Smells better - The smell is very important to our health. It is a crucial psychological aspect. We feel better when we smell better, and we often don't even realize it. The human sense of smell is capable of distinguishing between the odors of natural organic products and synthetic ones.
Sustainable - By using organic products, you power your economic and social development, as well as many 'ecosystem services' that assure a continuously healthy planet, such as a clean supply of air, water, food, and raw materials, disease regulation, and recreational space.
- Extremely Safe - Finally, they are better for the environment because of how they are sourced and made. Our medicines are based on components that have been used as ancient herbal treatments by humans with effective and proven outcomes.
What's the Difference Between Organic and Conventional Beauty Products?
Rather than employing chemicals and synthetic substances found in traditional cosmetic formulae, natural beauty products use natural ingredients obtained from plants that have real skin benefits. But there are two guidelines to remember if you want to make the proper decision!
Rule no. 1: Zero controversial Ingredients
The general rule for organic beauty products is that they are free of GMOs, parabens, PEGs, phthalates, and mineral oils. They are also free of synthetic chemical components, petrochemicals, colorants, and scents.
Rule no. 2: Clean formulas
All organic natural products must be created from organically grown natural raw ingredients. In addition, they should use biodegradable or recyclable packaging. All of our packaging at Absolution is recyclable, and we are gradually transitioning to recycled plastic. Our boxes are constructed without glue and are printed with vegetable inks on recycled cards.
When we talk about clean formulas, we mean:
- Using plant oils instead of mineral oils;
- Using natural active substances derived from plants or created through biotechnology;
- Use organic-approved natural or synthetic preservatives such as Benzoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, and Dehydroacetic Acid.
- Using only natural perfumes and colorants derived from mineral powders or natural pigments.
Natural Active ingredients you DO want to see in your cosmetic products
- Vitamin C: This potent antioxidant promotes and stimulates collagen and elastin formation. It also safeguards cells against free radical damage.
- Zinc: As an anti-inflammatory, zinc soothes skin irritations and is an ideal ingredient for acne-prone skin that struggles to heal.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This potent hydrator can attract and retain 1,000 times its weight in water!
- Botanicals: Their names are written in Latin, making them easy to identify. Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Persea gratissima oil (Avocado), and Chamomilla Recutita flower extract are among examples (Chamomile).
What Misconceptions Exist About Organic Skincare?
One of the most common misconceptions regarding organic beauty products is that they must contain preservatives in order to provide good results for your skin. High-quality organic beauty products that use plant extracts and natural oils, on the other hand, do not require chemicals, parabens, or preservatives to effectively nourish and soften skin.
Another common myth about organic beauty products is that they are all made equal. In fact, users should opt for Certified Natural beauty products that contain pure natural components that have been carefully combined to give the greatest outcomes for their skin.
Organic goods contain healthy, natural ingredients that are full of beneficial nutrients, anti-aging chemicals, superior smells, and more – and, ultimately, they are better for your skin. They have the ability to be soft, nutritious, and healing on their own and can be therapeutic. We handpick the best organic beauty products and skincare products available, and if you have any questions or would need specific advice, please get in touch.